Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday

Aloha Everyone,

I know many of you have inquired regarding Mom. As many know, she has been feeling poorly since September when she returned from the Mainland. She did make a trip to the hospital where she underwent some testing at the beginning of November and wasn't getting better after returning home, so she came back to the hospital Monday the 22nd for some more tests. Currently she is in the CCU unit of Maui Memorial Hospital. We are awaiting the results of a biopsy to determine the type, origin and stage, however it is definitely cancer.

Some have inquired about the quality of care she is receiving and it is excellent. There is not anything else more that could be done elsewhere. Because of my medical background, I am able to converse with the doctors and staff to understand what is going on. I have also been provided with copies of all the test reports to date (CT scans, MRI's and procedures) and have read through everything. I have set up this blog and will try and update it daily with Mom's progress. This way I can keep you in the loop and makes it much easier on Dad when we return from the hospital so that he does not have to report everything in multiple phone calls. Not that we don't want to hear from you. I have my cell at all times (it doesn't work in the hospital all the time) as well as my laptop and can be reached at heidi.grutz@gmail.com

Love to all, Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.