Aloha Everyone,
This will be be my last blog update. Mom passed away last night in her sleep sometime between 11:30 and 12:15 this morning.
The hardest thing I've ever done was help transfer her on to the gurney as she left the house, however I know she is in a better place with her Dad, brother, sister and many friends.
Mom was in peace the whole time she was home and we had such a wonderful experience with Hospice Maui. She was grateful to have been in Maui and pass in her home, in her own bed with her loved ones surrounding her. It was a spiritual, wonderful healing time for all of us and Dad, Den and I were able to spend some wonderful quality time with Mom, just the four of us, something we had not done in years.
At Mom's request, we will not have a memorial service of any kind. She will be cremated and Den and I will wait to spread her ashes with Dad in their favorite spot. We ask that you please respect our privacy at this time.
Den will come back to Maui with Dad and I will stay here for a bit before I return to Oahu.
Words cannot express the gratitude we have felt from all the support, cards and love you have all shown us. Many of you I have never met, but now feel I know and you are part of our ohana.
Love to all,
Heidi, Bob and Den,.... Auntie K & Uncle Jim too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

PS: As some of you have inquired we, will be posting Mom's obituary, in lieu of flowers, please send any donations in Mom's name to:
ReplyDeleteHospice Maui
400 Mahalani Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
Love to All, Heidi