Long time no blog, right?? I know, that's what everyone's thinking. It has been five days since I updated and the reason being not much has changed. Medically, Mom is about the same. She continues to not have much of an appetite and is pretty weak from the cancer and treatments. We also have the edema (swelling) in the legs. This has all been going on for about a week and is being managed with oral medications.
Dad has been home the past two days with a cold. Today Mom, Auntie K., and I met with the radiation oncologist and we will not be continuing with radiation therapy.
Mom's greatest wish is to come home and we told her today that we will do whatever we need to, to make that happen. We have a few more meetings tomorrow with the doctor and hospital personnel but right now it looks like Mom will be coming home on Monday and she is pretty happy about that.
I will continue to keep you folks updated as I can, but will most likely not be as often. As always we appreciate all your cards, prayers, love and support and everything, including the hugs and kisses are passed on to mom.
Love, Heidi & Bob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.