Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday

Dad calls it a "nothing" day and I call it good. 

We are going to Plan B per Dr. Burton, which is what we expected.  In plan B, the cardiothoracic surgeon (Dr. Coahran) who performed Mom's mediastinoscopy will do the procedure and that will be to put a stent in the windpipe. This hopefully will enable her to breathe better, take the breathing tube out and start the radiation again. Hopefully this will take place Monday. Mom is well aware of this and in complete agreement with the plan.

I say it's a good day in that I was able to communicate with Mom writing notes.  She had me cracking up when we were playing "Jeopardy" today.  When we first came in Dad wanted to watch the Husky game and asked if we could watch football.  At first she shook her head no and then gestured as if she was giving Dad the finger.  I said "Mom did you just give him the finger"? and she nodded yes, so there was no football today.  Later when she was writing I managed to get a few sentences from what she writes and she said "I call bulls _ _t on this", I asked again if this is what she said and she smiled yes!  For me it made me laugh and made my day knowing that Mom is in there and fighting to get better.

The nurses and respiratory people say she's a great patient because she never messes with the tubes or tries to pull them out. Because of that she has free use of her hands which is great.  We are exercising every day and she is able to do the things I ask her with very little help.

Today Toni and Tom (her sis and bro) are coming and we are grateful to have them here to visit with Mom. Hopefully more shall be revealed tomorrow.

Love,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.