Today was going to be a long day for Mom. She wanted me to go over with her earlier in the morning to accompany her to radiation therapy. When Auntie K & I got there she was on her way back already at 8:00am! I did speak to the doctor who is covering for Dr. LaDonna while she is on vacation and he said Mom is responing well to the therapy and perhaps next week they will assess her progress with a CT scan.
She was also scheduled for another procedure today called an IVC filter (Inferior Vena Cava filter) where through a catheter in the right leg, they insert an inverted cone shaped filter into the (Inferior Vena Cava) the main vein that returns blood from the lower extremities, to the heart. This will prevent any pieces of the clot in her right leg to move up to the lungs or heart where they could cause problems.
Mom was awakened early to prep for the procedure and when we left to take Dad's car for service at 10:15, she had not left yet. Dad decided that he wouldn't come as the trip over is awhile and if he came in the 2-3 hour window Mom was having the procedure, he would miss her altogether and also she would be tired when she returned and would like to rest. I will get the update when I talk to her nurse in a few hours.
Mom continues to be such a great patient with an amazing attitude. I am so blessed to get to be here with and for her.
love,
Heidi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.