Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday

Not a lot to report today.  Sunday is a pretty quiet day at the hospital. We are still on Plan B which is to put a stent the trachea so mom can breathe better.  This will hopefully take place tomorrow or Tuesday.  We are hoping to speak with the cardiothoracic surgeon tomorrow to get the details as he will be the one performing the procedure. Meanwhile, everything is being done to keep her vitals strong and getting an infection from the breathing tube.

Dr. Burton goes back to the clinic tomorrow after two weeks and will switch with Dr. Muthard who Mom saw when she was in the first time. Dad and I have not met him but Mom really liked him when she met him.

I am getting better at communicating with Mom every day. We do pretty good considering she can't talk, only kind of point and sometimes write.  I know when she wants her bed adjusted, has an itch, or wants her suction tube.  I'm grateful that I get to be here for her and do what little I can to make her more comfortable, and reassure her that I am on the case working to always understand what is going on and make sure that is communicated to her as well as everyone else.

Love,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.