Sorry I'm so late this evening! I took a time out to go get a long overdue pedi/mani (thanks Auntie K!). It was the first time I went anywhere but the grocery store since I've been here.
Day 2 out of ICU and Mom is in an adjustment period. She was in ICU for so long and was used to people around her all the time, now she is alone more and it makes her a little more anxious. We just make sure she knows whats going on and make her comfortable. She is connected to a lot less things now which is a good thing and she is also starting to eat a little bit more. That's an adjustment too as she went for so many days without solid food. She continues to have PT and OT daily but it will take her a while yet to get the strength to stand and walk. Today Mom sat at the edge of the bed for about 7 minutes on her own power and dangled her legs which is a great first step.
Every day is a new day and we look forward to what it will bring us. As always I will keep the updates coming.
love to all,
Heidi and Bob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.